Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Finally!

When I got up this morning and checked the temperature I saw that it was 6 degrees celcius. I just about leapt out of my chair and ran upstairs to get my shorts. After months and months of having to wear layers of clothing, it was so nice to head out the door wearing just my running shorts, a baseball hat, light shirt and jacket.

It was foggy but overall it was one of my better runs and the lack of extra clothing made it so much easier to run. I'm hoping I've seen the last of my heavy winter running gear.

During our run we talked about how much different it is running for distance instead of speed. It becomes so much more of mental barrier that you need to work through. This weekend, when I'll be running with my trail running friends, I'm going to listen to as many people as possible and soak up as much information as I can. These runners have done multiple ultra races and they will be the people who I'll be running with or trying to keep up with, during my race this month.

As we enter a new month, it's a good time to look back at what has been accomplished and look forward to what needs to be accomplished. Try to spend as little time possible looking back and more time looking ahead. I have 10 or 11 training runs left until my race and I'm going to savor each and every one them.

No comments: