Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Good run today

Today I wanted to test the legs and see what kind of "juice" I had in them. I realized quite quickly that I wasn't about to set any distance records as my legs felt a little heavy. Overall I was pleased with my 10K run and it was just nice to get out there after taking the last 3 days off.

Having never run a 50 mile race before, I had no idea what kind of recovery plan I should follow. While there are literally dozens of 50 mile training programs on the internet, I had a hard time finding any recovery plans. I guess with ultra marathoners you don't need a recovery plan.

Now that I've made the decision to run the 100 mile race at Sulphur I won't have to do much training for distance between now and then. I'll do a 30k or 50 K run next weekend but that will be my last long run until the 26th of May which is the day of the race.

Tomorrow I'll do a similar run as today and then probably take the weekend off to get more rest. I may do a light weight training workout on Friday and I'm sure I'll be sore as I haven't done any weight training in the past three weeks.

No comments: