Friday, April 11, 2008

Day 5 and I can almost see the turnaround point

Starting Weight: 164
Current Weight: 156.5
Total weight lost: 7.5 pounds


Having done this cleanse before, I know that the last two days will be the hardest for me. I will use those two days to simulate how I'll be feeling as I turn around and head out for another 26 K's after having already finished 52 of them at my race next weekend. The temptation will be there to quit and I'll be able to rationalize in my head at just how much I've already accomplished. To me, the race starts at the 52K mark.

After having run for the past 6 days and with the weather being so nasty outside, I decided to do the smart thing today and not run. I did 1 hour on the eliptical machine at work instead. I supposed I could have gone out but the reality is I don't NEED to go out as my training is winding down. I cannot risk the chance of getting sick now as I have invested so much of my time and energy into training. At this point, there really isn't anything positive I can get out of running in bad weather. I've already "been there and done that" all winter long.

I'm actually going to take the next three days off to rest and then run a little bit next Monday and Tuesday before letting my body heal for the three days leading up to the race.

My weight has remained the same as it was yesterday, which I expected and I'm sure it will hover around that same weight until I do my last two cleanse days.

No comments: