Sunday, April 06, 2008

This is WHY I love running in trails




After a very nice run with friends yesterday morning, I wanted to test out the legs and the Seaton Trail at the same time. I knew that the conditions wouldn't be great but I was more than happy with what I found there. I kept a nice easy pace as there was so much ice and snow still in the trails but as I was running, two deers bounced about 50 feet away from me. The site was so awe inspiring that I went off the trails for a little bit to see if I could follow them. I quickly found out that I was no match for them (LOL)

Then as I was running along the water I noticed a family of beavers. The rest of the run was secondary to what I found today as it re-inforced just how nice it is to run amongst nature as opposed to running on the roads.

On the way back from my run I bumped into two of the race directors from the Seaton Trail. I know these two men very well and I ran with them yesterday. They were shocked that I was able to run in the trails after yesterdays long run.
They said I should be fine for the race in 2 weeks and that was something I enjoyed hearing.

To top of the morning, I taught one of my clients her first running lesson today and she did an amazing job. The thrill I get from showing beginners how to run is something that's hard for me to explain but let's just say I get a big kick out of it. I remember growing up there was a commercial by Pepsi I believe about teachng the whole world to sing in perfect harmony. In my case, I'd love to teach the world how to run!

No comments: