Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Afternoon update

I seem to be riding the "wave" of momentum established by the first two days of the cleanse. I had a very hard time sleeping last night and probably only got about 4 hours sleep. I still was able to go for my 6:00 AM run in the morning but was thankful that it was 8.5 instead of 10-11 Miles. I was a little light headed when I got home and I was never more thankful for the fact that I was able to have an Isagenix shake for breakfast. I mixed two scoops with 1 scoop of the IsaFruits and ice and it was amazing. I made sure that I took every last drop (LOL).

The rest of the day went very well and I'm looking forward to having dinner tonight. I find that the shake days are really not that bad and that the anticipation of having a dinner, makes it easier to follow than if I had a regular lunch instead. Depending on how I feel after supper, I may have a few hard boiled eggs before going to bed. The total calories for the dinner will be between 500 to 600 calories:
1-2 large whole wheat flour tortillas
3 oz. of chicken breast
1.5 cups of green/red peppers/onions
1 tbps. of fat free sour cream
1 tbsp. of refried beans
1 oz. of low fat cheddar cheese
1 tbsp. of salsa
shredded lettuce

Usually for dinner when I have my two boys, I eat a smaller portion because I know that they usually will not finish their own food (and I hate wasting). Unfortunately for me, my boys LOVE fajitas so I'm sure there will be little leftovers available.

Tomorrow will be my 6th consecutive day of running and I'll do a 7th on Friday before taking the weekend off to rest. The following week will be extreme taper which means very little running and a grumpy nutritionist!

No comments: