Monday, April 28, 2008

Is it April or December?

After taking the last three days off to rest my legs, I was back at it this morning at 5 AM. I didn't really have much of a choice as far as running this weekend anyway because I was watching my 2 boys. However, the three of us did get to go one of my favorite places, the Rouge for a little trail walk. The days off allowed my body to finish healing from my 50 Mile race. As stubborn as I can be, I know that I probably would have run this weekend if I didn't have my kids and that probably wouldn't have been the wisest of decisions. I was able to do about an hour of weight training on Saturday morning.

As for the run this morning, did someone forget to tell the weather man that's it's almost May? I was able to run in shorts, a long sleeve technical shirt and jacket but I had to wear gloves as it was pretty cold outside. Throw in the 35 KM wind gusts and rain, and I thought it was December for a second. On the bright side, I did see a Fox when I was running this morning. We both looked at each other for a brief moment and then we both took off. I usually run into rabbits, skunks, squirrels, deers, beavers and dogs, but this was my first fox sighting.

I've been slowly increasing my weekday runs as I'm in between races right now. I will be using my upcoming 50K race as more of a tune-up for my 100 mile race at the end of May. In all likelihood, this will be my longest run before the 100 mile race although I may try to sneak in a long trail run if I can.

It's amazing how out of shape I "feel" when I take more than one day off from running. Whenever I don't run it's like a part of me feels cheated somehow. I will continue to run up until Wednesday at which point I'll do a mini carbohydrate loading program.

I've had so many people approach me about Isagenix and the effectiveness of the program. Those who know me will attest to the fact that I would not endorse a product that I didn't believe in. When I did my last cleanse I really feel it gave me the mental preparation I needed to complete my first 50 Mile trail race. I plan on doing it again before the 100 miler at the end of May. For anyone who needs a kick-start to their eating plan or who wants to lose 7-10 pounds, I urge you to consider the 9 or 30 day Isagenix Detox plan.

http://blazingtrails.isagenix.com/ca/en/home.dhtml

No comments: