Thursday, April 10, 2008

Day III completed and still going strong

Starting Weight: 164 pounds
Current Weight: 156.5

After having at least 2.5 fajitas last night and a handfull of almonds before bed, I didn't think my weight would move too much but I was surprised to see it drop another pound.

I've mentioned this before but it's probably worth repeating. I'm using this cleanse to prepare me for the race and the first two cleanse days for me was the first "lap" of the race. I started off with lots of energy and it's important to pace myself because I still have a long way to go both physically and mentally. Now that I'm in the shake part of the detox, I'm using it simulate the 2nd lap of my race. I can take some time to look back to see what I've already done and start to look ahead to what lies ahead. While the finish line is still not in my sights, I can at least start to envision what it is going to look like.

Today I'll be going for a nice slow trail run in the Seaton Trail. I'll use it to prepare me for my race. After that run, and a small run on Friday afternoon, it will be time to get some major rest as I prepare for the race.

No comments: