Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ready to go again

I cannot believe how quickly I've been able to heal from the race on Saturday. It looks like all those runs in the winter really helped prepare me. I'm going to do my first post 50 mile run tomorrow (just don't tell my kids ok?) as I feel the need to run. I'll just run for fun tomorrow and for the rest of the week. I'll only go as far as I feel I want to.

I'm seriously thinking about doing a 100 mile race and maybe even sooner than expected. I will discuss with a few ultra runners that I know, but if I get the green light from them, I may do the 100 mile race in Sulphur Springs at the end of May. I want to make sure that I'm not pushing myself too much too soon and I know it will much harder to duplicate what I did on Saturday. I also realize that there have been better runners than me who have attempted the 100 miler and failed. As with the 50 miler, I won't know if I can do it until I try to do it. There may never be a "right" time but the way I'm feeling now, it may be that the right time is now for me. I should know in a week or two.

No comments: