Friday, April 18, 2008

It's only a day away..........

With apologies to "Annie."

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be sun!

Just thinkin' about
Tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs,
And the sorrow
'Til there's none!

When I'm stuck a day
That's gray,
And lonely,
I just stick out my chin
And Grin,
And Say,
Oh!

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
I love ya Tomorrow!
You're always
A day
A way!

I finally got a good nights sleep last night which is good thing because typically the night before a race I don't get much sleep. Today will be filled with lots of positive thoughts, feelings and emotions. I've already got the two movies picked out for today (Remember the Titans and Rudy) and my food is close at hand. I will make sure that my last meal is exactly 12 hours before the start of my race which means I'll have a big pasta dinner at about 6:00 PM. This will give my body a chance to fully digest the meal and will also allow me to run on close to an empty stomach in the morning.

I'm going to make a bunch of pancakes and then put them in plastic bags and use them during my race. I find them very easy to digest and they provide just the right amount of carbohydrates for me.

I want to thank everyone for their support during these last 5 months of training. If anyone is interested in coming to cheer me on at the finish line, please contact me and I will give you the information.
(gregdcruz@rogers.com)

No comments: