Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Rest.....that "other" dirty 4 letter word......

After trying to battle this stupid virus/cold or whatever it is, I decided to take today off from running. It really was an easy decision as I had to leave work early last night and on the way home I was shivering so bad that it was hard to keep both hands on the steering wheel. When I finally made it home I emailed my friend and told him that I wouldn't be running in the morning. I then proceeded to get some much needed sleep and went to bed at 8:30.

As I type this I can feel the fever starting to break a little and most of my cough is gone. I still feel a little bit like I'm in a "haze" but better than yesterday. As difficult as it is for me to take time off, I know that I did the right thing this morning. With very little food in my system, it would have been difficult to do a run this morning.

I'll try to get as much rest as I can today and then see if I can get out for a run tomorrow. I really don't have much of an appetite so that will be my barometer as to when I should resume my training.

No comments: