Thursday, March 20, 2008

Afternoon delight?

Unfortunately I was unable to run at my usual time of 5 AM this morning. While some may see this as a blessing instead of curse, I found it more irritating than anything else.

However, I was able to get away for a 13 K run in the afternoon. Running in the afternoon or evening is something that I would rather not do but if I have no other choice than I'll do it. Obviously I prefer to run in the mornings because there is less traffic and it's a great way to kick off my morning.

My run today was faster than I would normally go and it probably has to do with the fact that I have more food in my system than I normally would have in the morning. However, the conditions were not ideal for running as I had to contend with wind gusts of up to 46 KM/Hr at times.

During my run I passed about a dozen high school kids running with their track and field coach I assume. I wonder how my life would have been different had I discovered running earlier in my life. Then again, I was very overweight for the first two years of high school so running would have been difficult at that time.

I'll be doing some light weight lifting tomorrow and then will be spending most of my Easter weekend running. This will be my last really long run before my race so I'd like to get to run a minimum of 4 hours on Saturday and then do a recovery run on Sunday.

No comments: