Saturday, March 08, 2008

6 weeks from today.......

Wow, even as I wrote that headline I had to do a double check of the calendar to make sure I was right. It's hard to believe that after all the training I've done, it now comes down to these final weeks. In January it seemed like such a long time away but now I can say that my race is NEXT MONTH!

Today, a hearty group of runners headed into the Seaton Trail to see how far we could get. It certainly wasn't the longest trail run I've ever had but it surely was one of the hardest. Not only am I still recovering from my illness but the snow covered trails made it more challenging. Still, it was great to be able to visit the place where I will be running my race. It also made me appreciate just how beautiful the trails are. I was able to do plenty of walking today and was able to take in the scenery. I am so lucky to have such an amazing place to run in and that's so close to home.

I kept thinking about what the weather will be like next month. Obviously I'm hoping for a long hot spell so that the trails will be dry up but April is a funny month and you never know what kind of weather we'll get. Last year the temperature got as high as 14 degrees on race day. I remember volunteering last year and it seemed like the perfect day to run. As long as I can wear shorts for the race I'll be happy.

Tomorrow will present more challenges as the snowfall accumulates. I will be running with some friends tomorrow and we all realize just how difficult it may turn out to be. In this case, misery does love company.

No comments: