Sunday, March 23, 2008

A nice recovery run

After running for 5 hours yesterday I was a little stiff getting up this morning. I spent most of yesterday trying to get myself comfortable but noticed that I couldn't sit in the same position for too long. I also wasn't as hungry as I thought I'd be but I certainly was more tired as I ended up falling asleep on the couch.

The goal for today's run was simply to work the kinks out from yesterday. Give my legs a chance to stretch themselves out. I wasn't going for any type of distance or time although I tinkered with the idea of running 13 miles. I settled on running for 11 miles instead and I feel better for making that decision. Now is not the time to push myself any further than I need to. It's more important for me to remain mentally and physically strong.

With only 3 training weeks left (the final week before the race I'll be tapering), it's more important than ever for me to gradually bring my mileage down so that my body can begin to heal itself in time for the race. This is the time of my training where I traditionally get very upset as I literally have to talk myself out of running so much. Resting is something that I've learned is a necessary evil but it's not something that I enjoy. I've decided to do another 9-day Isagenix Cleanse in about 1 week so that I can get myself more prepared for the race. I've told anyone who will listen that the Isagenix 9-day cleanse is more mentally challenging than physically challenging and I can't think of a better way to prepare for a race than to do the cleanse.

No comments: