Thursday, March 06, 2008

I'm ready to break free!

After spending much of this week in a "foggy haze", it appears that I'm getting stronger now. I can tell this because my appetite is slowly starting to come back. I just finished a light weight lifting workout and tomorrow I'm determined to go for some kind of run. At this point, I'll settle for a 5K run but I'm sure that once my competitive juices start to flow I'll want to do more. I know that the expectations I have of myself are high and I enjoy making myself rise to each challenge because I know that there are more mountains to climb in my future.

This week has done nothing to deter my enthusiasm for running and I know that it won't take me long to get into my groove again after a few good runs. Looking back has never been something I like to do so instead I will shift my focus on the next 5 weeks of training. These will be confidence builders because at this point I believe I've done everything I can to get ready for the Seaton race on April 19th. My main focus will be to practice my race day plan and ensure that I stick to it. Now is not the time to try anything new, I need to be confident in the plan that I've chosen and let everything just play out and see what happens on race day.

As I type this blog entry, my main thoughts are on going for a run tomorrow morning. I can't believe how much I have missed being outside. I know that the weather has been brutal these last few days but had I been healthy, I know I would have tried to do some kind of run. I've been so lucky to have so many people wish me well during this week and I wanted to let you know that I appreciate all the emails I've gotten. It really has helped to keep me grounded and in a positive state of mind, which hasn't always been easy. Running to me is more than just a way to burn some calories, it really works my mind, body and soul like nothing that I've ever done in my life. I only wish that more people could experience the joy that I get from running.

No comments: