Friday, March 28, 2008

Emotionally and physically bankrupt

I need a break. That's what my body is telling me and after finishing a 3 hour run just moments ago, I'm in full agreement for a change. I guees that's what happens when you run 100 KM's back to back to back.

After consulting with several trail running friends, they all seem to agree that what I'm feeling right now is normal and expected. My legs have been feeling heavier than they have in a long time and although I gutted out the run today, it wasn't easy and I know that rest is the only thing that will cure what ails me right now.

With three weeks to go and 13 more training runs between now and my race, it's time for my body and mind to start to heal itself. I'm going to hide my shoes away for the weekend and probably not even do much weights either.

I'm sure that once I wake up tomorrow or Sunday I'll want to go for a run but I'm going to resist the urge to do so and focus on getting stronger mentally instead. I'm glad I have my kids this weekend to keep me distracted.

No comments: