Saturday, July 07, 2007

Who knew that running around in circles could be so much fun?

Today I took my kids to Pineridge High School so we could run on the track there. This was a way for me to get some exercise and also allow my kids to experience running at the same time. I even found a pair of running shorts that I gave to my oldest son.
After, feeding them both a good carbohydrate heavy breakfast, we headed for the track. I was surprised to see so many people there. Along with a coach who was doing some running drills with a few students, there was also a football practice and soccer practice going on in the middle of the track.

My oldest picked up his MP3 player and we all started out running at our own pace. My youngest even managed to do a few laps and at one point I was running with him for a bit. They both seemed really excited as well as exhausted afterward. After completing about 20 laps, my oldest said he wanted to do one more with me. That last lap was probably my most satisfying of the day as we ran stride by stride and I kept encouraging him to keep focused and finish strong.

They both seemed to have a great time and I told them that on the weekends that I see them, we'll make a point of going to the track on Saturdays.

No comments: