Sunday, July 08, 2007

My next major race

After re-discovering my love for trail running, I've decided to do a 50K trail race in Haliburton Forest on September 8th.(http://ouser.org/races/hali.htm)

Last year, when I did the 25K trail race there it was by far the most difficult race I've ever done. Even after doing my most recent 50K race in Niagara Falls, I know that the trail race in Haliburon Forest will be twice as hard as that one.

When I finished the 25K last year I said to myself that I couldn't see me doing that race twice. This year a few of my friends are doing it with me so that will surely help.

The training for this type of race will require longer runs as well as more trail running. With just 8 weeks before the race, I'll have to start the preparations for this race this week.

I may throw in a 1/2 marathon race in July, (Whitby 5000) and another trail run in August (Iroquois 32K trail test) , just to keep myself motivated but my ultimate goal is to finish the 50K in under 7 hours. It took me over 3 hours to finish last year's 25K so I believe that 7 is realistic.

No comments: