Saturday, July 21, 2007

3 Clients with 3 great stories!

I'm fortunate enough to work with some truly inspirational clients and I thought I'd share three of them with you today.

The first one is a woman who has had to overcome the fact that she doesn't get much support from her parents who live with her. They are the classic "old school" meat and potatoes type of eaters. This has caused some friction at home, but she has followed the guidelines I have given her and she has made the commitment to a healthy lifestyle. It's hard enough to make changes to your eating habits but if you don't have some kind of support at home then it becomes a constant battle which causes stress. Many people would have buckled under this kind of pressure but not this woman.

She works out very hard and the results are that not only has she lost lots of weight, she has also improved her energy levels. She recently started walking at the Running Room so hopefully she will find the same passion that I have for running with her walking.

The 2nd client reminds me so much of myself when I was her age. She has lost over 70 pounds and despite setbacks that might have resulted in her giving up, she fights through it with the intensity of a Lion. This week she celebrated her birthday and she has so much more confidence than when I first met her. To me, that is even more important than how much weight she has lost. I was lucky enough to meet her mother and it was great to see that she has the support from her family as what she is doing is truly remarkable. As someone who suffered from weight issues for most of my teenage life, I can relate to what she is trying to do.

The final client is someone who I just started working with. He is a gifted athlete who was in a car accident in the Winter but bounced back remarkably and was given an athletic scholarship to a school in the US for track and field. With just a few modifications to his diet, he has returned to his competition weight and we will be working very closely together over the next few weeks as he prepares for his season in the fall.

These three clients are just a few of many people that I get to see on a regular basis. They have no idea how proud I am of them and they continue to inspire not only me but others around them too. Congratulations Charlene, Samantha and Justin and keep up the great work!

No comments: