Friday, July 06, 2007

A nice ending to a long week

Today when I arrived at work I found out that I was voted the top nutritionist at all the Extreme Fitness locations across Toronto. All the trainers and managers made a point of congratulating me which was nice. Probably the best thing about working at Extreme is the people I work with. Most are quite younger than me but I never feel out of place there. It probably helps that while they can certainly lift more weight than I can, they know that I can run circles around them so we have a friendly competition at the gym.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend the awards ceremony as I had to watch my children, but it was nice getting some recognition nonetheless.

After dropping my kids off to their babysitters, I went for a 9K run. I'm looking forward to running with my kids tomorrow at Pineridge High School in Pickering. I figure I can get a little run in and they can play around in the middle of the track and/or run a little bit with me as well.

It's supposed to be very hot/humid over the next few days so any running I'm able to do will be done early in the morning.

No comments: