Wednesday, July 04, 2007

A perfect weather day for running

There was a "calm before the storm" air to the weather today as it felt like at any moment it was going to rain.
I was almost hoping that it would rain as it's been a long time since I've run in the rain. Unfortunately there was no rain but plenty of wind. This made the return part of my run a little challenging but also fun.

During my run I passed the same woman twice along different parts of the route. Whenever I see a runner I always give them that "runners nod" which is a way to say "good for you!" It's nice feeling part of something and with runners, I always feel like I'm in a special group.

I'll often get these odd looks from drivers or from people who are waiting for a bus. I'm sure most of them are thinking that this guy is nuts to be running this early in the morning. Then again, I'll often get honked at by people driving who I know and who appreciate what I'm doing. I think I feed off both of these responses equally well.

No comments: