Wednesday, July 11, 2007

How was your run?

At the end of my run this morning, my neighbor spotted me and asked me how my run was? I told her that my run was great and that it usually is.

I seem to be more at peace with my running of late and it's translating into having more fun with my running. Running for time instead of for speed/distance is something that I'm really getting used to. Today I ran for just over an hour (1:05) and tomorrow I'll probably do the same (hopefully in the trails). If I can't hit the trails tomorrow morning then I'm going to do a long run in the trails on Saturday morning followed by another long run on Sunday.

I was invited to run in the Haliburton Forest on the weekend but I'm not sure that I want to drive all that way, run 25+K and then drive home. There's something about keeping that race a secret until September. Even though I've done the 25K there, the 50K route will be a little different. Most of the runners that are going up this weekend are preparing for their 100 Mile race at the same location. The thought of running for 24 hours or more is not something that I want to do. I wouldn't mind trying a 50 Miler but that's about it. Then again, I said after doing one marathon that that was it, and I've done 2 more since then, so I guess I should never say never right?

1 comment:

David said...

Hey there. Just thought I would say hello. I was looking for Race Reports for the Haliburton 50k and happened on your Blog. I'll be running the 50k this year too, my first attempt at a 50k Trail Race.
I am running the Iroquoia Trail Test Aug 18th first.
A little nervous about the 50k, but should be fun.
Good Luck with your training, see you in Haliburton

Cheers

David Bohn
dibohn@gmail.com