Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Raise your hand if you saw a deer this morning!

To sum up this morning's trail run in one word I would use "incredible!"

As I met my friend at 6:15 and we started out he spotted a deer about 10 feet away from us in the trails. He was just staring at us and it was an amazing sight to see. Most of you know that I subscribe to the "Running Gods Theory" so I KNOW that look in the eyes of the deer was meant for me. I'm sure he was thinking, "it's about time I saw you back on the trails again!" (or at least that's the story I'm sticking with.

After that encounter, I knew that this was going to be a great trail run. Thankfully my friend knows the Seaton Trail very well and even though I've run in them before, he took me on a route that I hadn't been on. At one point we were actually running on a railway bridge looking down at the water/trails. We stopped for a brief moment just to take it all in and then we were off again.

I felt more relaxed today even though the terrain was something that I hadn't been used to in quite some time. Running in the trails forces you to concentrate more on where your running instead of just trying to run at full speed. For me, that's just what I need.

I'm definitely going to make sure that I run in the trails at least once per week, if not more. Today's run was invigorating and made me realize that my first love was and always will be trail running!
Thanks Ken for an amazing experience.

No comments: