Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Iroquois Trail Test , 32KM's of intensity!

"Rugged trail running test that offers 7 major climbs over varied surfaces of trail, road, gravel, rocks and double creek crossing (you will get wet feet at ~3 km and ~6 km)"
http://www.ouser.org/races/iroq.htm

This race will probably be the toughest challenge I've had since my 25K trail race in Haliburton. When their website has these warnings about their race you can bet that it will be one of those races where finishing it will be an accomplishment in itself. My goal is to finish this race in under 4 hours. To put this race in perspective, my best 30K race time has been 2:24. This race will be a good training run for my 50K race in Haliburton and now that I have embraced my slower running I MAY even run the race without my Garmin (a watch that keeps track of my pace, distance etc.)

Last year, during my trail race season, I missed out on this race and had to hear stories from my trail running friends on how tough yet thrilling this race was. I feel like I'm in the movie Groundhog Day as I'm rediscovering my love of trails again.

No comments: