Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Another great trail run today

I think I'll just starting dropping the "great" when I mention trail running, as every time I run in the trails it keeps getting better and better.

A group of 4 of us went out this morning at 7AM to run in the Seaton trail. Along the route we saw a deer and ran across some train tracks. The amazing thing about running in the trails is that my breathing is so much more relaxed and I'm sure that has something to do with the better air quality. I also run slower in the trails as I'm trying to avoid rocks, twigs and stumps from tripping me. I managed to avoid falling today but did stumble a little bit. In the past I've had some nasty falls and even hit my head on a tree once.

After finishing our run, I felt like I could have kept going for another hour and as I headed home it's what I kept thinking about. Had I not had to go to work, I'm sure I would have gone for another run.

Tomorrow I'll be running 20K with a good friend and it will be nice having someone to talk to, as the run will take approximately 2 hours. That should give us plenty of time to catch up on each of our lives.

I've had several clients tell me that they read my post about having positive people in our lives and how it has helped them. Personally speaking, I'm very lucky to have the friends that I have and continue to make, and I really believe it's because I try my best to stay as positive as I can.

No comments: