Sunday, July 15, 2007

A 25K that felt like 10!

Today I did my 25K run in preparation for the 50K trail race in September. Each week I'll try to increase the distance but more than that, I'll try to increase the amount of time I'm running. With no time goal in sight for the 50K, it will be more important to focus on the mental aspects of the running. For me, that means getting my body ready to run for probably 7 hours. While that may seem intimidating, what will make it easy is that I won't have to worry about going fast. As I'm running with friends, we have all decided just to go and make this a fun adventure. If one of us needs to walk we'll all walk.

I was fortunate enough today to be surrounded by 4 amazing ladies during my run and the conversation helped to ensure that we didn't even think much about the running.
Our pace was great and I didn't push myself until the last 4K but even then I was trying to be cautious about not going too fast. I didn't want to feel sore, especially in my hips, right after the run and when I got back to the Running Room, I felt like I could have kept going.

This was one of my best weeks of running I've had in quite some time and next week I'm sure will be even better as I kick off the week by running trails on Tuesday morning.

No comments: