Friday, November 30, 2007

Isagenix Day V : Avoiding Triggers!

Starting weight before Detox (Monday November 26, 2007): 163.5
Current weight (November 30, 2007): 154

Starting waist measurement: 32
Current waist measurement: 31

Starting body fat %: 14
Current body fat %: 13


As I enter the midway point of my first detox it becomes more important than ever to remain focused. I’ve already seen a remarkable change in my weight without feeling like I’m depriving myself of anything.

One of the issues I have to deal with is my inability to eat while at work. I typically see 12-14 clients at the gym and sometimes as many as 8-10 in a row. I’ve had to make some adjustments to the plan such as having my Isagenix or “Scooby snacks” at the gym in place of lunch and then having a later lunch when I get time.

Talking to my clients all day about food and their own food issues can sometimes cause me to become hungry myself when I get home. I’m proud to say that I know what my triggers are and I try my best to avoid them. It’s easy for me to sit down on the couch after work, watch TV and eat. Because I run so much I’m usually able to keep my weight in check but that doesn’t mean it’s healthy to consume so much food at night.

Watching football, my favourite sport, and eating is something that is very easy for me to do so last night instead of watching the football game, I went to bed early. Most of the time we eat out of boredom, stress or even habit, so it’s important to first identify what triggers our eating and then figure out how we can cope differently without turning to food as a comfort.

Weekends can also be tough as your normal schedule of eating is disrupted. I purposely started my detox on a Monday so that I would only have one weekend to deal with. As of today, I’m the lightest I’ve been in a few months and with 5 more days to go, I’m hoping to get less than 150 pounds by next Wednesday.

Here’s today’s schedule:

7:30 AM: Isagenix shake with 1 accelerator capsule
10:30 AM: Isagenix snacks
1:00 PM: Isagenix shake with 1 accelerator capsule, salad with light dressing
4:00 PM: Isagenix snacks
7:30 PM: Salmon, brown rice and broccoli
11:00 PM: Isagenix snacks

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi Greg! Your tracking is truly inspirational. If you can follow through with this cleanse while calling on all of your body reserves required for running, I am sure that those of us who are a little more sedentary will find this programme easy. I can't wait to start.

GregD'Cruz said...

Thanks Sharon!