Saturday, December 01, 2007

Isagenix Day VI

Putting my energy levels to the test!

Current Weight: 155
Current Body Fat %: 14

After taking a day off on Friday from running, I was back out on the trails early this morning (7 AM). Two of my friends joined me for a nice and easy 6 Mile trail run in the Rouge Valley. The temperatures today were a bitter cold -12 when we started out and the Sun was just starting to rise.

I had my usual ½ banana and tea before my run and was surprised at how much energy I had today despite the fact that my calories consumed were quite low. Trail running presents more challenges than running on the road as there are various terrains and hills that I must overcome. However, it is by far my favourite type of running course to run in and even though some of the footing was treacherous at times because of the ice, it still made for a great run.

After getting home I decided to volunteer at a 5 K race in Whitby. I barely had time to have a quick shower and take my Isagenix shake before heading off again. I took 2 Isagenix snacks with me which I consumed while providing support to the many runners/walkers who were participating in the race.

For many of them, it was the first race they have ever done and I was happy to be able to lend my support at this event. I still remember teaching my “learn to run clinic in Pickering. Seeing the excitement on the faces of my clinic members when they crossed the finish line at their graduation run is something that I’ll never forget.

After the race I took my last meal replacement shake for the day with a small salad and some light dressing. I’ll have another 2 Isagenix snacks and possibly 2 hard boiled eggs or a cup of hot chocolate in the afternoon.

Tomorrow I will be running with a group of friend for anywhere from 18-20 K’s. It will be very interesting to see what kind of energy I have for that.

Here’s my eating plan for today:

5:45 AM Pre-Run: 1 cup of tea, ½ banana
7:00 to 8:00 AM: HEED electrolyte drink during run
8:30 AM: Isagenix shake with 1 accelerator
10:45 AM: 2 Isagenix snacks
12:30 PM: Isagenix shake, 1 accelerator, 1 small salad
3:00 PM: 2 Isagenix snacks
6:00 PM: Chicken breast, baked potato, beets and green beans
9:00 PM: 2 Isagenix snacks

1 comment:

Jennifer Hartley said...

Good to see that your program is running smoothly. I am almost finished day 1...and it hasnt been that bad at all!