Thursday, November 29, 2007

Isagenix Day IV

Pre-Run weight: 155
Pre Run snack: 1 cup of tea, 1/2 banana
During Run: HEED electrolyte drink
Total distance: 7.3 Miles (11.7 K’s)

As I enter day 4 of my 9 day cleanse, I put my energy level to the test today with mixed results.

During my run I managed to keep a consistent pace but there was a strong wind and rain today. The rain didn’t bother me as much as the wind did and that forced me to dig down a little deeper to find the energy to go on.

I knew that I would be pushing myself to the brink today and wondered if my meal last night (oatmeal with peanut butter and egg whites with cheese) was going to give me enough energy to finish my run.

I’m thankful that I had my electrolyte replacement drink with me which gave me just enough of a boost to finish. When I got home though, I felt that my blood sugar was getting too low. I had a small piece of a banana and then had my meal replacement shake and accelerator capsule.

For those of you who doing this program or are about to do this program, you need to make the necessary adjustments to ensure that your health is not compromised. I don’t know too many people who are doing the kind of workout that I have been doing with regards to burning calories ( I usually burn about 1,000 calories during a usual run) If you are working out intensely for more than 1 hour though, then you may have to add a few snacks such as hard boiled eggs, ¼ cup of almonds/walnuts, ½ apple with a cheese string or 1 yogurt to ensure that your blood sugar levels are not compromised.

During these 9 days, the total calories consumed are quite low so it’s important to make sure that you have enough energy to get through your day to day activities including exercise. I know that I pushed myself harder today than I had in my previous two runs which is why my blood sugar levels were low this morning.

One of the great things about this program, though, is that I’m finding out just how much reserves I have in my “tank.” I’m figuring out just how much I can tolerate with regards to calories consumed and energy output. Learning, as long as my health isn’t jeopardized, is never a bad thing.

You have to make this detox work within your lifestyle and your energy expenditures so you shouldn’t feel bad or guilty about adding these extras into your plan if you need to.

Here’s my eating plan for today:
7:00 AM Isagenix shake, 1 accelerator capsule
10:00 AM Isagenix snacks (2)
12:30 PM Isagenix shake, 1 accelerator capsule, cabbage salad with light dressing
3:30 PM Isagenix snacks (2)
5:00 PM Chicken breast, 1 red potato, 1 cup of green beans
8:00 PM Isagenix snacks (2) with 2 hardboiled eggs

No comments: