Saturday, November 24, 2007

Final race day preparations

With my race one day away now, I just finished creating my music for my mp3. As was the case yesterday, I plan on staying off my feet as much as possible today (not an easy feat when trying to watch two boys though).

Luckily for me there are some huge college football games to keep me occupied on the couch. I increased my carbohydrates slightly yesterday and will continue to do that again today. I'll also increase my fluid consumption today. It was important for me to get lots of rest last night which I was able to do.

I still have no idea what I'll wear for the race but I'm leaning towards wearing shorts if the weather is above zero. I'll have a few other outfits available just in case though. I'm sure I'll have to wear gloves and a thermal skull cap as well.

The late start for the race tomorrow throws my usual breakfast routine off a little so I'll likely have to eat something easy to digest such as a bagel or banana before heading out. I'll also take a sports gel about 15 minutes before the start of the race and another one at about the 5 mile mark. I'm going to carry two bottles of my electrolyte drink with me which will allow me to rehydrate myself during the race while avoiding the crowds at the water stations.

Here' my music playlist for the race tomorrow:
Africa - Toto
Peace of Mind - Boston
Believe - Suzie McNeil
Rihanna/Chris Brown - Umbrella remix
Unwritten - Natasha Beddingfield
Radio Nowhere - Bruce Springsteen
Learning to Fly - Tom Petty
Akon - Smack That
Running on Empty - Jackson Browne
Run - Collective Soul
Life is a Highway - Rascal Flats
The Untouchable One - Tom Cochrane
Stronger - Kanye West
Slide - Goo Goo Dolls
Let's See How Far We've Come - Matchbox 20
Skater Boy - Avril Levigne
Man in Motion - John Parr
Here I Am - Kelly Clarkson
The Way I Are - Timbaland
No Easy Way Out - Robert Tepper

No comments: