Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Rainy days = fun running weather

Todays' run was a nice easy 8 miles and what made it great was the fact that I got to run with a friend and also because it was raining. I've made no secret of the fact that I love running in the rain and so does my friend so during our run today we talked about everything except the fact that it was raining.

In fact, the only time the weather did come up was when I landed in a big puddle and then when a car nearly splashed us towards the end of the run.

It's amazing how refreshing it is to run in the rain and I can't think of a better way to have my last run of the week before my race on Sunday. It will be interesting to see if I have the discipline to take tomorrow off from running though. If I don't run tomorrow then I'll probably do some light weight training or stationary biking then take days off completely.

I'm hovering right around the weight that I want to run the race in so we'll see how I am on race day.

No comments: