Monday, February 04, 2008

An unexpected run of good luck



After taking a few days off from running on Friday and Saturday, I was fortunate enough to run with some good friends on Sunday. The plan was to run at least 32-36 K's but I'm still battling a cold so I decided to play it smart and run 22K's instead.

The week before I had done a long run by myself and these are beginning to become tougher and tougher to do. I'm ok with the distance but running by myself for 3.5 to 4 hours instead something that I'm looking forward to. I was able to call upon the help of a good friend and fellow ultra-marathoner and we will be running a 50 K together in Niagara Falls in a few weeks.

Yesterday taught me that although I wasn't at my best physically, I have to be able to push myself when thing aren't always "perfect." The route itself had a few challenging hills but what made it fun was the company I was with. It was nice to get caught up with all the news that is happening with people. The conversations included what training program we were doing to what races are upcoming for all of us.

I'm hoping that after an early night tonight, I'll be good to go for my run tomorrow.

No comments: