Friday, February 15, 2008

Tunnel Vision

Yesterday I stopped off at the Pickering Running Room to order my new pair of shoes. I spoke to the store manager and we shared stories of what races we were doing. I soon realized how many races I've forgotten about. Ever since I started running, this was the time of year when I tried to map out my upcoming races for the spring.
I would normally do a 1/2 marathon race in Peterborough, followed by a 30K race in Hamilton (Around the Bay) and then a spring Marathon (Mississauga). I've been so focused on my 50 Mile trail race that I forgot about these races. They probably could have helped my training but because my goal for this race is simply to finish, I don't want to push myself and risk the chance of an injury, before the race in April.

I guess this is a sign that I'm getting wiser as I become more experienced with running. The 1.5 years I started running I must have completed close to 30 different races. Now I'm going to be a little more selective when it comes to the races I pick. After my 50 mile race is completed, I'd like to do at least 1 race per month from May to November but right now the only thing I can think about is the trail race.

No comments: