Friday, February 08, 2008

Decisions, decisions.......

Let me start off by saying what everyone else is saying, I've had it with the snow!!!
Forget about all the shovelling, I'm more upset at the fact that this snow has had a serious impact on my running and what's more important that that to me? The answer, not much!

All day at work I was thinking about how I'm going to get in my long runs this weekend. I doubt that I'll be running in the trails as the snow accumulation will be so much that a long run there will be nothing but frustration. Instead I'll have to do a 2 hour run on the roads. That will be hard enough, as I'm sure there won't be many place available to run. Then comes Sunday. I need to get a long run in of at least 3.5 hours and for the first time since I started running, I'm seriously thinking about running inside. I can't fathom the idea of running on a track so I may drive to the Oshawa indoor track and do my long run there. At least I can "trick" my mind into thinking that I'm running outside.

Unfortunately for me, I've become so accustomed to running outside that anything else I do, fails to provide me with the kind of mental and physical stimulation that I need.

In the end, I'm sure I'll manage to run outside somehow but this will be one of the hardest weekends I've had to deal with in a long time. In the midst of all of this, I did receive some good news with regards to my training. A good friend of mine has agreed to run with me in two weeks. We are going to do a 50 K run near her home in Niagara Falls. This will be a great training run for my race in April. She has also put me in touch with some other dedicated trail runners and I'm hoping to join them on some runs in the near future. Now, if I can only get through this weekend........

No comments: