Saturday, July 12, 2008

Trail running never felt so good

We had a nice turnout this morning at 7 AM as we headed out for our 25 KM run. What made this run so much fun is that we all ran our own pace. Some went a little fast, some are getting ready for various races so they decided to run a little slower but it really didn't matter. The best part was just being out amongst nature. Spending the first 3 hours of a morning running through trails is something that I'll never get tired of.

I was able to tell my story of how I first started running and was also able to listen to others tell their own stories. It's really interesting to find out how we all came to our passions. It's also nice not having to explain how important running is in our lives as we all acknowledge that.

The run was challenging, as it always is at the Seaton. Coming off a tough 50K race last weekend, my legs were a little sore but not too bad towards the end. 3 hours was just the right amount of pounding today.

After our run we all gathered around and ate and talked about our various races and what we have planned. I swear that most of us run so much so that we can indulge in eating afterwards. Burning close to 1500 calories is a nice way to start the day.

I can listen to the veterans talk about their running careers all day long and it never gets boring. They have so many training tips and I feel like a sponge as I soak it all in. I know it's going to make me a better runner.

The plan for tomorrow is to do a semi-long recovery run. I'd like to get in at least 2 hours or more but we'll have to see how the day plays out.

No comments: