Sunday, July 06, 2008

5 Weeks is too long for me without a race

After doing one race every two weeks for the past 3 months, I suddenly have no race to look forward to until August. This is simply unacceptable (LOL). I'll probably go through withdrawal at some point so please bare with me.

In all seriousness, though, it will be nice to get my body some much needed rest and heal itself for the final stretch run in my running series. I currently am 6th in my age category and there's a good chance that once the standings are updated, I'll be in the top 3. My goal for this year has been to do as many of the Ultra races of
50K or better, as possible and that's what I've been able to do.

I wore a new pair of trail shoes yesterday, the Brooks Cascadia and they performed amazingly well. I've had trouble with the previous model of this shoe as it would tear easily on the sides. After doing some major hill climbs and running on dirt roads yesterday, I'm happy to report that the shoes are still in one piece.

No comments: