Sunday, July 13, 2008

A return to my roots today




Sometimes it's nice to run without a plan and that's what I did today. I knew that I wanted to get in a minimum of 2 hours of running in but I had no idea where I wanted to go when I got up this morning. What I decided was to just start running and see where my feet wanted me to go.

I ended up doing the mileage, distance and time that I wanted and was able to return to many of the streets that I hadn't run on since the winter months. My route took me through Greenwood where I first discovered trail running and up a hill affectionately known as "puke hill" for obvious reasons. I haven't done those hills in quite some time but I was happy that I was able to run them today. I realized after I did them that I must start incorporating more hill training into my workouts.

The weather was a little humid but the rain kept it nice and cool at times. It was one of those runs where my body just felt great being out there. This was the last run possible in my shoes as the heels have all but vanished. I won't be doing roads until Wednesday so that gives me a few days to find my new pair of shoes.

No comments: