Wednesday, July 09, 2008

It's H.....nope I can't even type that

I swore that I would never complain about how H.. it is outside(see I can't even type the word). After running through -26 or worse conditions in the winter, I longed for the day when all I had to do was throw on a shirt and shorts and head outside for a run.

I'll take a slower pace over freezing my extremities any day of the week and twice on Sundays. I think my slower pace today had more to do with tired legs than anything. I'm starting to feel the effects of last weekends race so I'm running smarter this week. With no race for 4.5 weeks, it will allow my legs to heal, that is if I decide to let them. I already have visions of my next race which will either be a 6 or 12 hour run in early August. I may enter a few shorter races between now and then just to keep from getting too bored.

In any event, no matter how high the temperature gets, you won't hear me complain about it because all I have to do is think back to those runs in January, February and March and that brings me back to my senses.

No comments: