Friday, July 11, 2008

No race.......no problem..........

I've often said that the best part of my trail races is when we all gather around afterwards and tell stories, share a drink and re-fuel. Well, even though we have no race tomorrow, I'll be running with plenty of friends at the Seaton Trail tomorrow morning at 7 AM. Many people would think that I'm crazy to get up early on a weekend but I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm sure that by the time I'm done running at 10:30 or so, many people will just be getting out of bed (LOL).

I recently found out that I will be able to do a race in early October of this year. That same race was what catapulted me into trail racing but I haven't been able to return to that race since 2005. It will be nice to come full circle, so to speak, at that race. The only difference is that this year I'll be doing the 50K run instead of the 25K. What's another ultra marathon right?

Today I did some light weight lifting and I'm proud to report that I've been able to do some weights at least twice per week for quite some time now. I definitely feel better doing some resistance training and because I keep the weight down and the repitions up (30 reps per exercise) I know that there is very little chance of putting on added weight.

No comments: