Sunday, January 27, 2008

A recap of my wild adventure run today

Those who know me and you know who you are, realize that I can get lost going from my house to the corner store (well maybe not that bad but you get the picture). It shouldn't surprise anyone then, that I got lost during my 20 mile run today.

Here are some "stats" to chew on:
*20 Miles
*3 hours and 15 minutes
*2400 calories
*3 Hammer Gels
*1.5 HEED electrolyte drinks
*2 bottles of water consumed (still can't believe that one)
*2 Dogs chasing me for about 1/2 Mile
*0 bathroom breaks
*47 different songs on my mp3 player
*one dozen thoughts on what I wanted to eat when I got home
*two dozen thoughts on how great my epson salt bath was going to be

I was never more happy than when I saw Westney Road as I was running along Highway 7 as I finally knew where I was and that home was nearby. I was hoping to do 34 K's today but the sidewalks were so snow covered that I cut my route a little short. My main goal was to stay on my feet for 3 + hours and combined with my 2:44 run in the trails yesterday, I'm very pleased with my efforts this weekend.

Running alone for that long really made me dig down deep to continue. I thought about many of the trail races that I've done and how there are times where I wouldn't see anyone for long stretches of time.

After a day of rest tomorrow, I'll be back at it on Tuesday.

No comments: