Thursday, January 17, 2008

Amazing!

I wasn't looking forward to running this afternoon as it's one of my least favorite times to run. When I don't start the day off with a run, it's as if something is missing in my life. However, running in the afternoon, is still better than not running at all so off I went around 12:30 after a quick bite of a banana and 1/2 cup of tea.

Many people at my work ask me if I'm happy doing what I'm doing. My response is always YES because I get to do something that I love to do and work with some amazing people on a regular basis. It's motivating for me to work closely with them to help them define and then reach their goals. I know, though, that my work is limited to being in an office for 1/2 hour sessions usually once or twice per week. There is so many things that I'd love to do which goes beyond just an office and so I was very excited when I was hired by someone to become their full-time nutritionist. My role will be that of a life coach and I will help her plan her meals, take her grocery shopping, create a healthy environment in her home and help her achieve her goals. In addition I will hopefully teach her how to run. I'm hoping that she gets the same enjoyment that I get from this sport that I do.

During my run today, that's all I could think about and it's probably why I had my fastest run in months.

I really feel that my strength is to help motivate and educate my clients to make healthy life choices which goes beyond just what to eat each day. I feel that this position is tailor made for me and it is something that I know I will excel at.

If you are interested in learning more about this, please contact me:
gregdcruz@rogers.com

No comments: