Monday, January 07, 2008

Hello old friend......

After not running since last Thursday I was itching to get outside today. It's amazing how much my mood changed during this time. It's like my body went into withdrawal and I needed my running "fix." At the same time, I can see how easily it is to get out of rhythm once you miss a workout/run.

With the temperatures above the freezing mark this afternoon, I headed out in shorts. I know the warm weather isn't going to last long but it was so nice not having to wear layers of clothing for a change.

Now that my 50 Mile training is in high gear, I have to guard against overtraining so as much as I wanted to go a little longer today, I kept myself in check and stopped after 6 Miles.

The gym, as expected, is getting very busy now and I have to make sure that I'm at my best to provide whatever motivation I can to my clients. I knew that this morning was rough and now that I just finished my run I understand why. Running for me, as I already knew, is more than just a way to burn off calories. It really does something to pick up my spirits. Knowing that I wouldn't get to see my 2 boys for a few days was something I wasn't looking forward to and not running made it even worse. However, I feel much better after having gone for a run.

Whatever you do, you MUST discover what is missing in your life that will bring you the kind of positive vibes that I get from running. Some people find it by going to the gym, some people find it by going for a daily walk. Whatever it is, though, find it and hold on tightly and enjoy the ride!

No comments: