Wednesday, January 16, 2008

9.9 pounds, great work Dorothy!

Just one of many satisfied Isagenix cleanse stories I wanted to share with you. This woman has done an amazing job of staying focused on her goals. Well done
Dorothy!


Just finished the 9-day Isagenix Cleanse and wow...I lost 9.9 pounds! Dancing as I type this (shrug...I'm talented).

My nutritionist, Greg, mentioned to me that he was doing this in December and thought I might want to try it. Showing skepticism clearly on my face, he suggested I read about it on his blog. Well, I decided to go for it but wanted to wait until the Christmas season was over. I did order the products so that they would arrive on time for my anticipated start in early January.

Greg and I continued to speak about it in general terms but my head was not really into it at that point. Yes, I was still working out religiously but the eating part was sorta on cruise control, if you will. Anyhow, I decided to start on Monday, January 7th. I did the weigh-in that morning at home and measured all of my body parts as they recommended.

Followed the "menu" as per Greg's recommendations and did not cheat (not even once). Didn't eat any of the extra options other than a hard-boiled egg on one of the work-out days with the trainer. Didn't feel hungry but had hungry thoughts...but only when my family was having something yummy for dinner on the, what I call, liquid-only days. And even though I outlawed potato chips from entering my home, somehow my teenage son managed to sneak them in AND he even waved one under my nose. But I resisted as I'm one that once the floodgates open, then all is fair game.

Now as far as the "food" goes, well, I have to be honest. I am a foodie, a food connoisseur, and/or a freak about good-tasting food. Well, I didn't expect the food to taste good and well, it met my expectations. The liquid-only cleanse stuff was awful. It tasted like iced tea and I detest iced tea and the fact that it was yellow in colour didn't help. I did find that it was best drunk VERY cold and that's probably so your throat numbs on the way down. The chocolate snacks were ok. Not great, not awful...just ok. The chocolate shakes were the same...ok...100% better if you can do them up in a blender (and I would add 6 large ice cubes AND 500ml of water). I thought that I was going to die when I got back to the liquid-only days but really, they were totally fine. Knowing that I was down so much weight made it more than liveable.

Did I feel better? I didn't feel any different. Did I feel more energetic? Nope. Did I feel cleaner? Well, I didn't feel dirty...lol. I just don't think about things like that. The only results I was looking for were the ones on the scale. And I got those.

So would I do it again? Sure. With results like these, who wouldn't? Would I recommend it, well, of course. Wouldn't you pay a little bit of money and have nine days of non-indulgence for 9.9 pounds? I'm sure glad I did.

No comments: