Friday, December 28, 2007

I am surrounded by positive people and for that I am lucky

As a nutritionist, the biggest joy I get is seeing my clients getting closer and closer to achieving their goals. They have no idea how inspiring they are and I use their positive energy to help me with my own goals.

This holiday season I received lots of gifts and cards and I had to share one of the cards with you. It comes from a lady who has unbelievable drive and determination as she works well over 60-70 hours per week at times. Despite these hours, she still is committed to doing the best she can to reach her fitness goals.
Here's what she wrote in her card:

Why you are special to me

Usually at the end of an adrenalin rush, the brain is always craving for the food that is on the Greg's meal plan. The time is often between 4 pm and 6:30 PM. The Doctors always make sure that there are boxes of donuts or muffins with coffee at the nursing station. When all the nurses are reaching for the quick fix, I can hear a still small soft voice saying, "Why don't you just have a yogurt and a few almonds?" These are the haunting words that keep me in check in maintaining my goals.

Thanks Greg for the changes you make in my life. I really appreciate it. I hope to achieve a lot more.

Alleth, and many clients like her, are overcoming huge odds in their personal life while they try to make healthier eating choices. Each healthy choice they make is bringing them closer and closer to actualizing their goals.

Thanks Alleth and keep up the great work!

No comments: