Sunday, December 02, 2007

Isagenix Day VII

Less weight = better running for me!

Current Weight: 155.5
Body Fat %: 14

After seeing my weight drop from 163.5 to a low of 154 and now holding at 155, one thing remains clear and that is my “running weight” seems to best at this weight.

Today will be my 5th run since started my Isagenix detox on Monday November 26th and losing that extra few pounds has made me lighter on me feet. This in turn has helped my running tremendously. Although I realize that weight training would probably benefit me, I don’t want to put on extra weight, even if its muscle weight, as I wouldn’t feel comfortable.

When I was running at 160 or higher, I felt very sluggish and each step seemed harder and harder. I don’t anticipate losing more weight between now and the time my detox ends on Wednesday morning, but my goal is keep my weight at 152 to 155 pounds, as I feel that anything less or more than that range may hurt my running.

After my 18-20 K run this morning, I’m sure my weight will drop a few pounds because I’ll be losing water and electrolytes, but it will no doubt stabilize itself throughout the day as I continue to drink fluids. Still, I cannot complain about the fact that I’ve lost a total of 8 pounds in less than 1 week.

Here’s today’s eating plan:

7:30 AM Pre-Run: Tea with ½ banana
8:30 AM to 10:30 AM: 1 serving of HEED electrolyte replacement drink, 1 GU sports gel
11:30 AM: Isagenix meal replacement drink with 1 accelerator capsule
1:00 PM: Isagenix snacks (2), salad, 2 hard boiled eggs
2:30 PM: Isagenix meal replacement drink with 1 accelerator capsule
5:00 PM: Isagenix snacks (2)
6:30 PM: Chicken breast, 1 med red potato, green beans, beets
8:00 PM: Isagenix snacks (2)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,
Carbohydrates include sugars, starches and fiber. They constitute a large part of foods such as rice, noodles, bread, and other grain-based products.
Thanks.


sports nutrition