Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Isagenix Recap

Here are the final stats from my first 9-day cleanse:

Starting Weight: 163.5
Ending Weight: 155.5

Starting Waist Measurement: 32
Ending Waist Measurement: 31

Starting Body Fat%: 14
Ending Body Fat%: 13

More than just losing an inch and 8 pounds though, what I actually gained was far more impressive.

I was very sceptical when I first started and actually a little nervous as well. I didn’t and won’t let anything get in the way of my running so I was afraid that this would hurt my performance. What I learned is that I actually improved my strength by losing those 8 pounds. As a runner I know the pounding that I place on my joints and feet and by running at a lighter weight I was able to minimize the “foot strike” mechanism which causes most of the problems for runners. I’m constantly trying to have “quick choppy strides” to lessen the impact of my feet hitting the pavement. Running at a lighter weight allows me to do that well.

Beyond that, though, I learned to dig down deep to find energy that I didn’t know I had. Some of the runs were mentally tougher than others. I think that just knowing that I didn’t have a lot of food in my system probably caused me to second guess myself. Would I have the energy necessary to complete this run? The mind can play some serious games with you when you are running and I was happy that I was able to win most of these battles.

If I was to grade my ability to follow this detox on a scale of 1-10 I would probably give myself an 8. I had one semi-bad day and one really bad day but otherwise I was pleased with what I was able to do. The next time I do this I’ll make sure it’s not during football season.

The next step for me is to slowly incorporate a regular eating plan while still using plenty of the Isagenix products. There’s no use in messing with a formula that works which is why I’ll do a cleanse day once or twice per month and will use the meal replacement shakes to replace at least one or two meals per day.

I constantly talk to my clients about trying to eat healthy at least 80% of the time. Nobody is going to eat perfectly everyday but if you can strive for perfection than the times where you stray should not have a negative impact on your long term goals.

No comments: