Sunday, December 16, 2007

Running with my 2 boys





I cannot wait to run with my 2 boys this morning as we do the Snowflake run at the Ajax waterfront. I really don't care whether we run for 5 minutes or 30 but I'm hoping that my love of running rubs off on them a little bit. Running has changed my life so much and I hope that it has a similar impact on their lives.

Whenever I pick up my youngest son, Marcus, from the babysitters he throws his backpack in the back of the car and then runs home, which is around the block. I follow him slowly in the car and can't help but smile from ear to ear. Whenever my oldest joins him, it's twice as nice.

Today will be a great day indeed!

Well, the weather today was one of the worst running days yet and my oldest son decided not to run. My youngest was with me and I left the decision up to him. He made it VERY clear to me that he was going to run no matter what the conditions and so we ventured out.

The temperatures were actually not too bad but it was the blowing/swirling wind that was the hard part for him. We went out for about 1/2 K but the conditions were just too much for him. We ran back into the comforts of the Rotary Park pavillion as fast as we could. Marcus was very disappointed that he didn't finish but I couldn't have been any more proud of him today. He was the only child who showed up and he was rewarded with a medal for his accomplishments which cheered him up.

On the way home I told him how proud I was of him and that I knew he was disappointed in not finishing. I know that there will be other races and he made it a point to tell me that he wants to do more of these in the future.

1 comment:

Chenille said...

Congratulations on your run, Marcus!!!

"Cruz Control..." :D
hugs to all 3 of you :)