Thursday, March 01, 2007

Say it with me...resting is good!!!!

This week I've been recovering from my 1/2 marathon race from Sunday. Even though the distance for me is something that I routinely do the speed at which I did it was NOT! Tearing down the muscles from running fast requires not only physical rest but also mental rest as well.
This week I've found that I have been mentally spent and combined with a lingering cold it hasn't been the best of weeks for me. I still managed to get out for a run on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday this week and will run one more day before taking the weekend off.
I decided not to do any speed work this week as I wasn't feeling great and I want to make sure that I don't hurt myself before my next race at the end of March.

I actually did some weight training this week and will try to incorporate that into my training program once or twice per week.

Finally, there are a few of my clients who are running in the Chilly 1/2 Marathon in Burlington on Sunday. I wanted to wish them the very best. You both have trained hard and will reap the benefits of that training come Sunday. Good luck Phil and Kim!

No comments: