Sunday, March 18, 2007

Race week preparations

With my next race just one week away I completed my last long run today of 15K. A group of us went out from the Running Room in Pickering and decided that this distance was enough. it was interesting to see how others decided to use this last long run to prepare for this same race. Some were doing 6K, some were doing 20 and there were even a few who did 26. I'm usually the one who goes out longer than I need to so holding back today was something of an accomplishment for myself.

Tomorrow I will do my "ME" run of about 10K and this will be followed by a new type of interval run on Tuesday which I'm nervous about. I have to run 1 minute intervals of 4:30, 5:00 and then 5:30 for approximately 4K. I've never done this before so my coach will run with me to make sure I do it right.

On Wednesday it will be my last run before the race and it will be a 10K time trial doing a 5:30 pace. This will mean running the 10K in 55 minutes. It will be another case of having to slow down to meet this time goal.

The weather for the weekend looks to be amazing so I'm going to treat myself to some new running gear for the race. I've been looking into getting some CWX tights and a new racing shirt. Besides the Running Room, I like to visit a store called "Running Free" which is in Markham. The staff there are very knowledgeable and I find the selection of clothes to be amazing.

No comments: