Thursday, March 22, 2007

Already missing my running.....

It's only been 1 day of not running and I'm already feeling the "not running blues."
Yesterday I ran 12K at a slow pace. Knowing that I wouldn't be running again until Sunday, I savored every last step and hated to stop. Even though I know it's in my best interest to rest, it still makes it difficult to stop doing something you love even if it's only for a few days.

I was unable to run with one of my best friends yesterday as I had to go into work early. The Wednesday before a race I have traditionally run with someone who has helped me tremendously with my running. It has been somewhat of a good luck charm and also a chance to go over my race plan with her. While we were unable to run together, we are meeting for lunch with 2 other of my best friends today. We haven't gotten together in a long time so this will be a great time to catch up on what has been happening in their lives. All 3 of these women have qualified for Boston but unfortunately one of them is injured and will be unable to make the trip. They all have inspired me to reach for this goal myself and they have noticed the amount of hard work I've put into my training these past few months.

With running NOT an option today, I decided to use my stationary bike for 90 Minutes of low to medium intensity biking. It doesn't come close to the feeling that I have on the open roads, but at least I can say that I did something.

The next few days, however, I will resist the urge to do any type of physical activity. This plan worked well for me during my last Marathon in December so I'm going to follow that same plan again.

I'll have to make a trip to Hamilton on Saturday to pick up my race kit. I'm not looking forward to going up on Saturday and then again on Sunday but since there is no race day pick up I have no choice. I'll probably get there early on Saturday so I can return home to rest. On Saturday I plan on watching a marathon of movies (pardon the pun), eat some pasta and prepare for my race.

No comments: