Thursday, March 15, 2007

Preparing for my first "Time Trial"

Today's run was an interval run which worked on my speed. I warmed up for 2K and then spent the next 5K alternating between 1 minute of sprinting (3-4min/K) and 3 minutes of recovering (5:30K). I'm really starting to enjoy these as I figured out that I should be able to run approximately 300M in 1 minute. I also realized that each light post is 50M apart so when I run these intervals, I try to run past between 5 and 6 light posts.
The rest of the run was a cool down for a total distance of 1.5K

Tomorrow I will be taking a rest day from running and will ride the stationary bike for about 1hour at a low intensity. After tomorrow things start to get real interesting with my training.

On Saturday I will be running my first ever "time trial." I will have to run 16K in exactly 1:20 minutes or a 5min K. I've run faster than that in a race but I have to hit this mark exactly so if I'm going too fast I'll have to slow it down. This will be a great test to see if I can hold an exact pace for 16K.

No comments: